Thai Yoga Massage has been proven very beneficial for athletes and sports people because of its unique combination of deep stretching and yoga moves.
If you feel maxed out and that your muscles need to rest and recover from very tiring sports activity and training, then Thai Yoga Massage is perfect to refresh and return your energy so you can reach new athletic levels.
Thai Yoga bodywork can play a vital role for every sports person or serious athlete in addition to your regular workouts, exercise and sports practice. Actually regular Thai Yoga therapy may help you gain the athletic advantage over your competition and lengthen the overall life of your sporting career if added to your existing conditioning program.
So below are the benefits of Thai Massage and how it could help athletes, martial artists, dancers, runners, Cross-fitters and other sports people in a way that is perfect for those who are highly active and whose bodies are put under constant pressure from aggressive, explosive and repetitive movements.
5 Benefits of Thai Yoga Massage and Bodywork
- First, Thai Yoga massage enhances and boosts performance by increasing energy and flexibility as well as decreasing muscle tension. This may lead to an increase in performance ability and decrease the chance of injury. And also, because Thai Yoga bodywork improves blood circulation, it helps the body to more efficiently receive and process nutrients that are essential for optimal body functions.
- Regular Thai Yoga bodywork helps maintain better condition of the body by keeping your muscles healthy and flexible, which prevents them from developing injuries or losing mobility.
- It also helps heal sports injuries (which as you know is all too common) more quickly by reducing pain, swelling, bruising and muscle adhesions, as well as relaxing and stretching sore muscles. And while recovering from injury, Thai Yoga Massage partially compensates for the lack of exercise during inactivity.
- And of course, let us not forget the meditative qualities of Thai Yoga therapy. It is a known fact that Thai Yoga massage relaxes the mind and body and improves emotional balance, making it the top choice for athletes when it comes to game-winning relaxation and mindset-mastery.
- Furthermore, athletes and sports people may maximise the benefits of Thai Yoga massage through having it before an event or competition as a preparation therapy and after the event as a recovery therapy. The pre-event massage will aid in increasing flexibility, mobility, preventing injuries as well as improving concentration and focus plus it calms down nervous athletes prior to the competition. The post massage will then promote faster recovery through pain relief from muscular fatigue, soreness, stiffness and especially sports injuries.
So whether you are into sports activity professionally or simply as a hobby, Thai Yoga massage is a great way to condition your body and keeping it in peak performance as well as helping in recovery after tiring and extreme activity.
Please leave comments below about your own health issues or concerns, or tell other readers about your experiences of having received Thai Yoga Massage
We’ve also explored the benefits of Thai Yoga Massage for Office Workers as well as the differences between Norther and Southern style Thai Yoga Massage in other blog posts… Subscribe to receive updates on new posts!
I had been suffering with shoulder and hip pain for several weeks due to my intense weight training program getting ready for a competition. I had 3 Thai Yoga massage treatments with Simon over several weeks, after the treatments I felt relief from the pain in both my shoulder and hip. Throughout my days afterwards I felt more relaxed and flexible and was able to focus more on my day than on the pain. I’m so grateful that I have found Simon, I now recommend him to all of my clients!
I felt refreshed and relaxed for days after the massage
I had a 90 minute full body Thai Yoga Massage from Simon and I felt very relaxed all the way through the session. First of all the room was set up well, it was warm and relaxing music was playing. He made sure I was comfortable and relaxed. I really enjoyed the experience and made my painful knee much better by applying careful massage around the area. My neck and shoulders felt much better the next day, and overall I felt refreshed and relaxed for days after the massage. I can highly recommend Simon, he knows what he is doing!!
I left with a sense of overall well-being which lasted a few days
Simon’s massage relieved my tight left shoulder and neck which was wonderful. More than that though, the massage was very reviving and relaxing overall and I left with a sense of overall well-being which lasted a few days. What I liked most about the Thai Yoga Massage was that Simon actively manipulated my joints and I was more active in the massage. Thank you, Simon – you seem to be able to exert just the right amount of pressure.